Im 8 weeks and 5 days pregnant i could not keep my prenatal vitamins down so my doctor put me on the gummys i can't keep then down either,what should i do ?

K_Dawn82

Asked by K_Dawn82 at 3:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• What time of day do you take them?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 3:14 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Ask the doctor to put you on a low iron dosage.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:15 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I couldn't and still to this day can not take a vitamin. They still make me sick.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:17 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I have tried them at night and of the morning .. none of it help.. i can barley keep food down ! Then after i eat i wait a little bit because i know i will get sick if i take them right away..
    K_Dawn82

Comment by K_Dawn82 (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Just make sure what you do eat is nutritious even if it's hard to keep it down. Prenatal vitamins are only useful for added nutrients/minerals but there's nothing in them you can't get from the right foods. Hopefully your morning sickness will subside in a few weeks and you'll be able to keep all those good things in you :)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• okayy well if u dont get real sick drink lots of orange juice when i was prego myy lil girl i was sooo sick i had morning sickness for months almost the whole time i didnt eat much of anyything but i drank lots of oj and when i went to the dr. he told me that was the onlyy thing keeping us alive so i mean drink lots of juice and eat fruit but i never took them and myy babyy was verryyy healthyy
    babyy_blue_eyes

Answer by babyy_blue_eyes at 3:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Try taking them at night when you go to bed ot with an apple or apple juice, the pectin in apples natural eases nausea.

-----or ask your doc for his/her okay and----

Try two chewable flintstone vitamins just until the nausea eases up.
    LSUFFMomma

Answer by LSUFFMomma at 3:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I didn't take any vitamins....I figure we have been having children since the beginning of time and we made it just fine with out them before.
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 3:21 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I do not know. But maybe try the ensure drinks. I had surgery a couple of times and that is what they told me to try. They come in all sorts of flavors and help with different things. Maybe try those I know I was sick the whole time with all three of my kids. I even liked cold fruit cups. Just do not give up. To be truefull I was so sick I did not take mine and just ate right and all three of my girls are fine.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:22 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Thanks ! I tried to take the flintstone vitamis and they made me more sick then what i was and they swiched me to the gummys which dont help either, i still get sick!
    K_Dawn82

Comment by K_Dawn82 (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2010