VERY CONFUSED

I am getting another test tomorrow so please don't tell me to wait. I have been trying to figure out hcg levels. I would estimate that I am about 4 weeks pregnant bc my lmp was on 10/10/10. When my hcg level was tested yesterday it was 39. I have been researching but still can't figure out if this is normal. I'm a first time mom and am freaked out about the possibility of a miscarriage. Am I within normal range????

lc20101782

Asked by lc20101782 at 3:27 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Anything within the range of 10-425 is "normal". But really, the amount of ONE test doesn't tell you anything. All that matters is that the number goes up, preferably doubles every 48 hours....
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I was told that you have to be at least a 5 to be considered pregnant, and that your number has to double every 48 hours. When I got my first test, I was only at 23, but when they tested me 2 days later I was a 63 so they said that was definately pregnant. I was only 4 weeks pregnant when they tested me. We did fertility treatments, and they monitored me closly. I would think that becuase your numbers are already higher than mine that you would be pregnant, but without the second test confirming the numbers are rising, then I can't say for sure. Sorry. I know how hard it is to wait. I wish you the best of luck! Sending baby dust your way!
    Erin_Jus

Answer by Erin_Jus at 5:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2010