whats wrong with ppl

smoking pot ??? whyy is it so much worse than even half the shyt out there

babyy_blue_eyes

Asked by babyy_blue_eyes at 3:34 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• IDK,,,Im in a bad place with that right now. I have new neighbors, two college students and they party all the time at night. My sons window faces their apt and he told me he saw a bunch of guys standing around the kitchen table smoking a bong. Thats tough as a parent ya know. I have tried so hard to raise my kids to not want to experiment with drugs and alcohol and here it is literally in our own backyard....sigh. its just frustrating at this point for me and the worse part is, they dont seem to care how loud they get or how long the party goes for....

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Alcohol and prescription drugs which are legal are much worse for you than marijuana.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Skittles makes a great point there!

Answer by older at 3:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• ...They aren't really worse. All these things have an effect on your body. Pot has over 400 chemicals in it. Those chemicals get absorbed into the tissues of our bodies.

"But it is known that marijuana smoke contains some of the same, and sometimes even more, of the cancer-causing chemicals as tobacco smoke. Studies show that someone who smokes five joints per week may be taking in as many cancer-causing chemicals as someone who smokes a full pack of cigarettes every day."

You know what they really want from it? Money... If they tax this, they can make some significant cash.
    KitKatCadillac

Answer by KitKatCadillac at 3:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• thats what im sayying but not onlyy that if theyy were to make it legal it was get our counrtyy out of debt no doubt about it
    babyy_blue_eyes

Comment by babyy_blue_eyes (original poster) at 3:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• IMO Pot smoking leads to other things with a lot of kids.. Also when you become a parent, you should set an example for your children, and even if you're hiding it from them, it's still wrong to put your family at risk for a short term high... Is it really worth it?
    As for living by people that do it, I think I would be calling the authorities, and then possibly moving, if it's an option... Do you really want your children to think it's right to make bad choices, and treat themselves with such disrespect? JMO BTW.....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• not true kitkat do some more looking into it i did when myy sister started it is actuallyy a lot less harmful than anyy drug lemme ak yall some thing aspirin is legal but u take of those mfers it will be ur last head ache but u never heard of anyybodyy dieing from pot u might have thought he was dead but he's gonna wake up in 30 mins hungryy enough to eat everyything in ur house lol but reallyy it dont even mess with ur judgement the wayy most of the drugs do and drinking is wayyy worse
    babyy_blue_eyes

Comment by babyy_blue_eyes (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• yea ummm so smoking pot is bad examples but theres nothing wrong with smoking cigs and ur kids knowing it yea okayy its not like its something that is around them but ppl smoke cigs in front of their kids all the time and thats not looked down on the onlyy reason smoking pot is sooo much worse is because it is illegal but the onlyy reason it is is b/c ppl were losing moneyy on lumber b/c hemp was taking its place which is a great thing we need to keep our trees
    babyy_blue_eyes

Comment by babyy_blue_eyes (original poster) at 4:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I have looked into it. I have to take health classes and drug classes for my major. I know the effects and I know the chemicals... all these things affect our bodies. They stay in our system and affect the cells in our bodies. Do you know how long it takes to regenerate those cells? 7 Years! And just because no one has died from it, does that make it okay? You don't die from AIDS, you die from illnesses you get while having it because your immune system is so shot. You hold in pot smoke longer than you hold in cigarette smoke and that can damage your lungs. Do you think that makes people care though? No.. Even though cigarette specifically say that they will cause cancer... people still use them.
    KitKatCadillac

Answer by KitKatCadillac at 4:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• omg okayy whatever u sayy go to google and then come back
    babyy_blue_eyes

Comment by babyy_blue_eyes (original poster) at 4:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2010