how much should i pay pr childcare?

My brothers gf will be taking care of my 2 boys ages 4& 2, for about 2 1/2 hrs on mon& tues( also i have been giving her all of my kids clothes for their son) should that matter?how much should i pay her

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• Oh yeah and I pay her a little more because I depend on her, and I want her to take good care of my child.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 3:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• 1.) the clothes are conidered a gift so no they don't matter.

2.) a friend of mine watches my 2 year old dd for the same amount of time a week. I pay $60 a week for one child, so I would assume that you would pay a little more for 2 children. I think at least $75 a week.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• No the clothes dont matter. Im sure you gave them no strings attached. I bet she would be content with $30 for both days but it is something you should discuss with her.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think $15 for each day is enough. $10/hour seems high to me for family especially for a 1 time thing. If it was her job it may be different. Where I live we pay $20- $25 for all day and get a discount on the second child so our rates are prob low compared to other cities.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• $10 an hour so about 25 a dayy
    babyy_blue_eyes

Answer by babyy_blue_eyes at 3:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Will she be providing any kind of snacks or food.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Ask her what she will charge. It depends on the area. I don't think the fact that you give her hand me downs should impact the price.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• no i will provide the snacks,
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010