My Dad's side just found out i was pregnant.

and he is not too happy with me right now. idk how to cope with it all.
now i am super worried and scared to tell my mom's side.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• been there, did that....8 mo ago......it is scary but you gotta do it. sooner the better too, because they would rather hear it from your mouth than by someone else. plus, it will give the fam some time to adjust to the new concept and won't be as awkward as the pregnancy progresses. good luck!
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 12:35 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• there dumb. Babies are miracles. They will come around. My husbands family was not supportive at all either but once they saw that beautiful bundle (believe me it took a lot of forgiveness to even call and tell them we had had him) they fell in love and beg to let us babysit him. Focus on you. Thats whats important
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:36 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Who cares what they think. Dont listen to them. When I was pregnant I had no intention on even telling them. And then one day I would pop out of know where pregnant. But it ended in miscarriage so I didnt get to do it. They really have nothing to do with my family so I thought I would do the same.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 12:42 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• humm, "humaniterian", petty name calling is first, unnecessary. Anyways, I'm guessing you are young and unmarried? Two things that would get me upset if my daughter came home pregnant. They are probably just concerned because it will be a huge responsiblity on you. Yes, babies are miracles. But I agree with "itsaboy", it will be tough to tell them, but you gotta stand up to your situation and be strong. Your decision will come with ups and downs, it just goes with the deal. good luck with everything!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• P.S. - also if you want things to go smoother when your baby comes, YOU DON'T WANT TENSION with your family, and you cannot be thinking of ONLY yourself - I'm sure you want your child to have a relationship with your family in times of need....please don't go with a "who cares" attitude. - thanks anonymous
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 12:49 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I think that you need to face it head on...and tell your parents all the things you know they're feeling right up front to get it out of the way.....Say, I know that you are probably disappointed in me and might even be angry, but this is the biggest thing to ever happen in my life and I need your love and support. That should hopefully cut them off at the knees so that they have very little room to be rude to you w/o coming across as the biggest ass on the planet. Good luck.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 7:27 AM on Nov. 2, 2008