Should I be scared???

I had my first HCG blood test yesterday it was 39. I am having a second one tomorrow. I'm scared to death about the results. My family doctor says that I might have had a miscarriage can't confirm or deny it. And then the ER doctor I saw started talking about an ectopic pregnancy. Why do they have to send your brain to the worst and make you freak out? I'm not going to make it until the results Wednesday.

lc20101782

Asked by lc20101782 at 3:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Being scared won't really change anything will it? have faith that if this baby is meant to be it will, best of luck for the greatest of outcomes.

Answer by older at 3:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I'm sorry momma....don't stress, it does no good for anyone involved. I know it is easier said than done but...
    Sending good thoughts your way...
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:53 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I'm sorry. :( Really, try not to worry. Often, things are better than we expect. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've worried for absolutely nothing. You're right to be concerned, but for all you know, everything will be totally fine. Best of luck, hon!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• They tell you this so that you will be prepared, or at least as prepared as possible. You will make it, and try to calm down, stress won't make anything any better. Good luck, and you are in my thoughts.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I'm sorry for the stress you are under, it's never easy waiting for important test results. I don't know how far along you are, but remember these numbers can vary from person to person.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Well, they can't really tell anything till they get the second set of numbers. I do hope everything works out!
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 3:55 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I wish you luck hun we all handle things very differently but it is a good idea to educate yourself on all things pregnancy the good and the bad just to be prepared. I was only 15 when I got pregnant the 1st time but right away I started doing my research, reading books, frequenting parenting and pregnancy sites, talking to my doctor etc... It was because of this I was able to better deal with a miscarriage and able to remain calm when my 2nd child was born 6 weeks early. GL
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• BTW the miscarriage was a year after my 1st child was born.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Good luck. Try and remain calm and positive, I know it is hard but it is all you can do. Mine were low at first too. You just may not be as far along as they thought. You could have ovulated late in your cycle.
    LSUFFMomma

Answer by LSUFFMomma at 4:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• They cant tell aNYTHING until they re-check you and see the second set of numbers. They have to see if they are going up. Just by that number no one can tell you if its okay or not. IF you are super early, then it could be just fine. The numbers range so much that there really isnt a specific normal for one number. relax and keep going, this happened to me and it was fine. They thought ectopic the last 2 pregnancies and both were fine. I complaied of slight bleeding to get an u/s...... lol... I'm bad.... but anyways, we have had a stillborn so i was nervous. Do what u need to do
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2010