Curious

My boyfriend has a good guy friend, named Mark. He (the boyfriend), thinks that I have a crush on him, Mark, because one time after hanging out with him I said that he was cute. He doesn't think I have feelings for him, just that I think that his friend is attractive. We've only hung out one time, with my boyfriend (we all played poker at a bar), and ever since then, my boyfriend doesn't like for us to hang out with Mark as a couple, and gets a little defensive if I ask a question about Mark, like how he's doing. Why do you think he's acting so weird about him? Other than that, we have a really fantastic relationship, and know that we love only each other:). He also has a friend, Molly, that is my friend as well, and he doesn't act weird when I bring her up, only when I occasionally talk about Mark. Thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• He is insecure and jealous, hello............

Answer by older at 3:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• He's insecure and thinks that because you find Mark attractive that you might develop feelings towards him. You have to let him know that finding someone attractive doesn't mean anything towards romantic feelings. That he needs to relax and know that you're going to be there with him regardless of how cute someone else is. Maybe next time don't mention how you find his friends attractive, just to help eliminate his jealousy towards that statement.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I'm going to agree with the insecure and jealous hypothesis. I think you should address his insecurities a bit more head-on if the two of you are going to develop a long-lasting relationship. Couples counseling might be a good idea.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 4:24 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Have to agree with older...you said the wrong thing about this Mark being cute and now your BF is jealous!! You should probably quit asking about Mark for a little bit...it's nothing to you, but sounds like BF does not like it at all!!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2010