How long does morning or

I have been struggling with nausea and vomiting for 6 weeks now and am finally at the end of my first trimester. However, the "all day" sickness has not subsided. How much longer will this last and what can I do to ease the pain (especially at work).

momtobe316

Asked by momtobe316 at 3:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's different for everyone. I never had any. My SIL was sick all the way through.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Mine was 4-6 months
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes I agree that its different for everyone but you could very well have hyperemesis gravidarum which is servere nausea and vomiting I went thru it with my 1st 3 children but had it the worst with my 3rd child til my 9th month but this time around I havent had much of any I get occasional nausea and have only thrown up 1 time. Due december 5th!
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 4:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Some women have it subside completely during a certain time, and some never get any relief and remain sick their entire pregnancy. If the sickness is too bad, speak to your doctor about prescribing you something.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Sorry. Try eating apples or drinking apple juice the pectin may help ease your nausea.
    LSUFFMomma

Answer by LSUFFMomma at 4:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I feel your pain! I had all day sickness from the beginning. They told me it would get better when I entered my second trimester, but it just got worse. They had to put me on zofran and phenergan to help with the nausea, and I still feel nauseous at times. I'm 24 weeks now, and they said that everyone is different, some women get none, some women can't get rid of it. I hope it lets up soon!
    Erin_Jus

Answer by Erin_Jus at 5:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Im 13 weeks and still sick.....
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 11:13 AM on Nov. 9, 2010