How old are your husband's friends?

My husband is 32. His, what seems to be, best buddy is only like 22 or 23, unmarried and childless. They met at work but the guy was laid off and they have remained close. I find it odd but perhaps it isn't. They like to play video games together and almost always have our 6 yr old son with them when they hang out.

My 2 girl friends are 32 and 38 and both have children.

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 4:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• he has some that are about 5 yrs younger and some that are like 10 yrs older. they just enjoy the same things.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Age and position in your life makes no difference on who you're friends with normally. Sometimes it can pose a problem, but genearlly it doesn't unless it becomes romantic. I see nothing wrong with the age difference between your husband and his friends. My husband's friends are all people he grew up with, so his age give or take a year.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My Husband friend's are all around his age.
    Maybe it's the activities that they enjoy that keeps your husband's friends his friends.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 4:06 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• DH's friends are all about his age and with similar levels of responsibility in life (full time careers, wives, kids, etc.).

OP - is there a specific problem with your DH having younger friends? Is it their age or that they encourage him to act as if he's not got family responsibilities that is the issue?
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 4:22 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My BFs friends are all younger than him...he's 39 and his friends are in their early to mid 20's...
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 4:29 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Dr.Donna, I think I phrased my question with all the necessary elements to convey what I was asking. I apologize if it was unclear. There is no issue aside from the fact that I found it a bit odd, the age gap that is. The guy is very sweet, and as I stated, they mostly play video games with our son when they are together. Thank you for your reply.
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• his friends are generally around his age, give or take a few years.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:48 AM on Nov. 9, 2010