18 month old with cast on her arm

My daughter just had surgery and has a cast but i have been having issues trying to get loose tops for her (long sleeves for the cold weather) and the only thing i got so far where size 2T boys t-shirts nothing for girls. Basically what I'm asking is what can i get for my daughter to wear for the cold weather? I can't fit her coat either I'm lost on what to do I can't keep her in the house for 3 weeks, please any good ideas will be good. Thank you.

Ctmom77

Asked by Ctmom77 at 4:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Instead of a coat put her in a poncho that has no sleeves, cut the undershirts to fit her arm.

Answer by older at 4:15 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• You can find cheap sweatshirts or long sleeved shirts in bigger sizes at thrift stores. Or try sale racks at Walmart, Target, Kmart...
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 4:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Hoodies in a large size that are made with stretchier material. PP mentioned ponchos and that's a great idea. Look for fabrics with a good percentage of polyester, they're usually more stretchy.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• buy her regular size cheap sweatshirts and cut the cast side arm off

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• You can also find over sized jackets at a thrift store, cut off the arm if it will help. You can get really creative with thrift store deals in a situation such as this.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 4:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• buy some cheap items at good will and cut the sleeve off on the side where the cast is. If the cast is only up to the elbow and not past it a sock with the foot cut out will keep the top part of her arm warm.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2010