How does one answer a post as "anonymous"? and why?

Don't you have to be a member of Cafemom to view/answer questions? That being said, why would anyone answer as anonymous? ???

MonkeyMomma07

Asked by MonkeyMomma07 at 12:34 AM on Nov. 2, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I find that most people answer anonymously because they want to be rude. But sometimes other's answer anonymously because they might be afraid of some sort of backlash or rude comments about their answer.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 12:36 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• there's a little box you check under the answer question button that lets you be anonymous. as for me, i answer/ask questions anonymously if it's a personal matter.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:37 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Okay well I was just wondering if people were allowed to lurk on here or what the deal was? I was reading other questions and one in particular had some very rude answers, that were anonymous.
    MonkeyMomma07

Answer by MonkeyMomma07 at 12:38 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• under the box where you type your answer there is a little box to mark if you want to appear anonymous.

there are several reasons #1 don't want to get hate mail PMs from people just because they disagree with you. #2 the matter is something personal you don't want the world to know it's you. #3 some people just feel that they are able to be rude if posted anonymously.

if you have an issue with a post that you think is rude, use the report this link under it and tell the cafemom team why you are reporting it. If they find it violates TOU (granted they don't always agree with you on it being rude) they will delete it.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:38 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Some people have set up groups for their local area and tend to know alot of people personally.. If there is a question asked on here that one would not really feel comfortable asking..such as a health area, or otherwise, one could check that little anonymous button underneath that big orange box down there that says "Answer Question".... It's sort of a little safety feature. It's not a bad thing, contrary to rumors that have circulated in the answer section before... It will not harm you. You do not have to be a member to view questions, but you do in order to answer questions. Oh, and the answers are there for people who may actually be able to help the question seeker out in their time of need.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:39 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I usually answer anonymously most of the time because I have pretty strong, conservative opinions and I'm blunt - answering anonymously prevents me from getting a bunch of nasty e-mails.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Hi MonkeyMomma07,

Only CafeMom members can submit Answers. To answer anonymously, check the box located under the orange 'Answer Question' button.

^The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 10:43 AM on Nov. 2, 2008