Take out pizza with EBT!!???

What are your thoughts?

kbakeman

Asked by kbakeman at 4:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Is that possible now?? LOL, craziness.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 4:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• yeah. We have a place,Papa Murphy's take and bake that accepts EBT because its not cooked

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think even people who can't afford it, should sometimes be able to do some fun stuff.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I don't think any take out or premade foods should be allowed on EBT. I also don't think pop should be allowed either and seeing what some people buy with it, I think nutrition classes should be required for all those who get the benefits.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think there should be stricter regulations on food stamps, but I'm not going to stress about the issue too much. You can't force people to eat healthy.. no matter how hard you try.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:22 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i think that is jus to crazy. why do that when u can get real food to cook.
    MamaHeather06

Answer by MamaHeather06 at 4:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I was going to say anything that is already cooked is not allowed with EBT, at least in my state.

Answer by older at 4:24 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I don't think pop should be either. As for take-out, I don't know...I'm kind of on the fence w/that. Probably not the most responsible choice but, should they not be allowed pizza because they are on welfare? No.
    It is theirs to do with as they want - as long as it is approved. If they go over and can't afford food later in the month, that is on them. Maybe they will think of that next month.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 4:24 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• AND? It's food, isn't it? It's not like food stamp recipients can spend it all on junk, run out, and then request more for the month. If they chose to waste their monthly allowance on junk food or whatever, then that's their problem. Taxpayers would be paying for it whether they spent it all on basic necessities or take out pizza.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• scout_mom your totally right i think they should have to get healthier foods..they can have "fun foods" or some "junk" foods but it could be limited childhood obesity is a real problem and anyway to help decrease kids from getting bad foods which are always o course the cheapest should be done..thats just me..i know i wont be letting my little ones eat junk all the time..my husband even wants to start eating organically..just bc he researched a small amount of stuff and was like Omg thats horribly bad for you..

the pizza thing..i dno..the ones from the store okay but not like dominos. thats an extra and if you dont have money for it you dont have money for it..when im short on money i dont go eat out and well they need govt. help so they really need to make sure they choose the best route as well..

but im not a pizza eater and im not in that situation i just know I'm paying for it!!
    kyliemaynard

Answer by kyliemaynard at 4:27 PM on Nov. 8, 2010