my boyfriend wants to get married...

He wants to get married at the courthouse at first then have a big wedding later would that still be a good way to get married just curious what u have to say i say it means the same if we both love one another enough it wouldnt matter

nitamae86

Asked by nitamae86 at 4:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I regret getting married at the courthouse.
    Anonymous

• I know quite a few people who have just had courthouse marriages, then saved up and had a reception (they didnt actually get re-married) at a later date. To each his own, and if thats what you both want then go for it.. But if you think you may regret it like the first poster says then just wait.. If you want to marry now, then certainly waiting will only make the feeling grow stronger and possibly you guys would appreciate it more when the time comes. GL deciding :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 4:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Me and my DH got married at the court house. I wasn't into all this waisting thousands of dollars on a wedding. We have been married 21 years.

Answer by louise2 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• If u get married at the courthouse u may never get your big wedding.
    imuney

Answer by imuney at 4:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I got married at the courthouse! It was a nice eveny! My husband and I are doing the exact same thing! We saved up so we can have a BIG wedding!!! We've been married for a year now and may 16 were having the BIG wedding!
    I think its a GREAT idea so you guys can have the MORE money & everything on order!
    curious90

Answer by curious90 at 4:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• if you get married at the courthouse you probably wont have a big one later unless you actively persue it. i dont regret having a courthouse wedding as it suits me but everyone is different
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i got married at a park right next to the courthouse by someone who works at the courthouse... had it rained it would have been in the courthouse.... if you really love that person it does not make a difference except in your wallet.... you will save so much money doing it that way .... if later on down the road you want to do it again go for a big one then it gives you more time to plan and save and what not.... some people are just so materialistic that they just want a wedding and not a marriage... do what makes you happy
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 4:46 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think it is silly to spend a fortune on a wedding. I think it is a great idea, although I don't think many people who do the courthouse thing go on to do the big wedding thing. Good luck which every way you get it done!!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 4:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Personally I wish I had just done a courthouse wedding. The 'big' wedding we had caused so much unneeded stress. Maybe you could do something like get married in the courthouse, then have a low cost reception where friends and families can bring gifts and wish you all the best
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i think we will have tthe courthouse wedding then within 3 yrs we can have our big wedding we already started saving so we know for sure we will we absolutley love eachother and we will be happy with what ever god puts in our path thank u for all the advice and ur lives too thanks
    nitamae86

Comment by nitamae86 (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2010