Snake in my basement!!!!!!!!

Okay today my husband killed a snake in the basement...it was brown/gray with a yellow ring around it's neck...do you think there is more???....we killed one in July at the basement door....please help I am freaking out....I can't sleep or anything....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I'd get a pest control service out there just to make sure there is no entrance they are getting in or any more. I HATE snakes! LOL
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:36 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• chances are they are being attracted by rodents, especially if they are in/around ur basement, i agree with flutterfae, get pest control
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 12:38 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Sounds like a harmless ringneck snake. We get them in our basement sometimes too. They are as harmless as an earthworm! Dh runs and I go get the snake! My youngest dd and I are always playing with snakes. I am fascinated by them. Nothing to be scared of.
    liebimom3

Answer by liebimom3 at 12:52 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• but should they be out this time of year ...it has been cold where i live
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I cringe & scream like a little girl , even when I see a gardener snake! Good luck, I hope you don't find any more! ( I just got goosebumps!)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I imagine that the cold is half the reason they're in your house...its cold outside!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:11 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• eww thanks about the rodent comment we have garden snakes in the garage... and i was walking around barefoot outside... my BIL killed one then the cat thought it would show me what she found!! i didnt scream it was just gross and blood was dripping....
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 9:03 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• yea defintely get pest control. they go to where the food is, and you obviously have spaces the animals can get in , pest control will help block thema nd put up traps
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 8:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2008