The Two Week Wait?

I got my IUD out and have been taking OPK to see when I ovulate but haven't had a period or a postive ovulation kit yet. However last Monday I had a postive ovulation Kit!!!!! I had sex for the next 4 days. When is the soonest I can take a pregnancy test if I had a postive ovulation kit on November 1st?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• November 18th or later. The later the better. You need to allow one week for an egg to travel the tube to the uterus and another week for implantation and placenta formation. It is the placenta that puts out the HCg hormone so it needs to start working and then put out enough HCg to register on a urine test. So allow at least two weeks before testing minimum.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• When you are late when your next period would be. The longer you wait the higher you HCG levels are and you get a positive or you get your period and done waste you money and time and frustration before then.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• But I have never had a period yet so I don't know when it would be late.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• When the doc I work for does IVF on a patient we have them come back in 2 weeks for a blood test. For a UPT it may take another week or so before a + will show up.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 8:12 PM on Nov. 8, 2010