question about the NT scan

Does goverment insurance like UPMC for you, gateway etc cover this scan or does it come out of pocket? Do you need a referral?

I'm going in tomorrow and I don't have an u/s order from my doctor like usual, genetics set up the appointment and my doc didnt give me any paperwork.

Is that okay? How does this usally go?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• usually*
    AshJoe05

Comment by AshJoe05 (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• how old are you? where i went they didnt give you an NT scan unless you were over 35 but i know every practice is different
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I'm 24 but have had a stillborn.
    AshJoe05

Comment by AshJoe05 (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I'm 26 and my OB sent me for the screening. I did not have an order for it, they just called and set it all up for me. I have insurance through my work, and had to pay my co pay, but that was it. Every insurance is different though, so I would just contact your insurance provider to find out what you will be responsible for.
    Erin_Jus

Answer by Erin_Jus at 5:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2010