Do you believe every religion worships the same god/spiritual entity?

Do you believe every religion worships the same God/spiritual entity, but the style of worship and number of gods they worship depends on the culture? Or do you believe the God you worship is the only God that is in existence? Or do you believe that gods and spirits are nonexistent in reality, and a human creation?

art.diva

Asked by art.diva at 5:01 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I believe my God is the same as other religions. As far as cultures/religions who worship multiple gods, I think those are all parts of the God that I worship. I didn't learn that any place, it's just my own philosophy.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Or do you believe that gods and spirits are nonexistent in reality, and a human creation?

^^This.^^
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• #1 In a sense yes, perhaps their god-s being their master creator and reasons being the same? Yes, some.
    #2 Yes
    #3 No
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 5:11 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• no, no, no
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:12 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I should say the act, sorry.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 5:12 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes
    NO
    YES!!
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:12 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Absolutely not.
    I believe there is only ONE GOD not many gods.
    Spirit entities yes they are called demons.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:27 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• No, I feel like this...All the dieties exist b/c they are given life through belief and repitition of name. We are all here on a physical plane, but the dieties dwell on a different one. I think that SOME dieties are essentially the same being honored by a different name.  I think that all ppl spiritual or religious are seeking the SAME results - internal well being, and peace in everyday life. Different dieties/Same kind of help.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 5:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes, all are really the same, just given different names. IMO There are differences in cultures and specific religions, of course.
    Maybe...I think it's a possibility it's really a human creation, but it's complicated. I think that there may be a God in the sense of energy or a life source in all of us, but I don't think I believe in a personified god (or gods). I think gods are personified to teach morals and life lessons. I respect that other people think differently though.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Of course not
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010