Buying Baby Furniture HELP?!?

there so much to choose from i don't know where to start!! from cribs to dressers , to changing table , combo unit all the different types i don't know what to choose or where to start and the ones i do like i read reviews for all saying they easily scratch or made out of partially cardboard !!!! can you guys tell me what you guys chose ??? thanks that be a great help :)

firstimemommy21

Asked by firstimemommy21 at 5:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I bought a convertable crib which I didn't convert. I bought a twin bed instead when it was time. The crib had a drop front which was helpful. I got it at Kmart.

I opted out of the units that had the changing table attached since it assists them in climbing in and out of the crib.

As for the changing table, I got one and it never got used for changing since it was easier to change in the crib or whatever room we were currently in. It became a collect all.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:08 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I bought a heavy real wood crib from a resale shop and he barely used it. He slept with me. LOL No changing table, I used my bed, no dresser, I used one I had already.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:12 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Most of the furniture is just over priced bullshit that your baby will grow out of fast I'm about to have my 4th child and never wasted my money on crap like changing tables when I can lay my baby on the bed and change them. I never bought a crib but instead opted for a playpen with a bassinet attatchment on top so when they start turning over I can remove the bassinet attatchment and they sleep in the playpen til I get them a tot bed. As far as dressers go I just clear out a drawer from our dresser for baby clothes and hang the rest up and just get a simple $20 shelf at any dollar store to put diapers, wipes, etc on and the baby always has thier own small cabinet in the kitchen for bottles, formula and baby food.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 5:15 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I got a 4 in one crib and the baby never used it or the changing table so I say don't put to much in to it just get what u like and get a simple crib if u do cuz the baby won't use it for long and most people get the 4 in 1 crib and don't change it
    TeenMom711

Answer by TeenMom711 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2010