Shower Drama - Any ideas?

So, my sister is throwing my shower for me. I didn't want one to start with, but she said that I had to have one. The problem with that is that she basically turned it all over to me to do. Ummm...isn't that her job? So I've created my own invitations, printed them, addressed them, bought the stamps to mail them out & all. Well yesterday my sister comes to me with pink baby shower stuff. I'm having a boy!! She knows that. She called me a bitch & a few other choice words because I said I can't have my shower done in pink. Her reply was that pink was on sale, and I painted the nursery green and pale yellow, so it's not like everything is all blue anyway. I'm beyond frustrated. The invites have already went out (because I took care of it). I'm ready to cancel & just say the hell with it. Any ideas or suggestions, or at this point am I just gonna have to do everything myself & let her take all the credit?

Erin_Jus

Asked by Erin_Jus at 5:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• that is pretty crazy, don't deal with her drama. just ignore her and don't give her that power to get under your skin like that. just say you threw the shower and leave her out of it. you can get new decorations for boys or neutral colors at the dollar store...well it depends..some are a bit cheap but not all dollar stores are the same. they have really cute decorations there and also you can go to a craft store and put some cute stuff together at a reasonable price. so don't worry or stress yourself out over anything. there's a solution to everything and this is suppose to be fun for you and your baby not a nightmare. this is NOT suppose to be giving you a headache, so she can go shove it lol don't let her get to you. :-) i hope things get better! **Good Luck on your shower!**
    joymoon87

Answer by joymoon87 at 5:27 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• At min she could have mixed pink and blue...and BTW What store does sales by COLOR? lol! Really? I would tell her that though you appreciate the thought and you understand she was trying to save money you would l rather not confuse people. Making them think they remembered wring and it was a girl after all. KWIM? Suggest that you guys go together to return the items and pick something you can agree on and you will pay the difference. It's not worth ruining any relationship that was there over it. IMO.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:25 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• WOW! She has a lot of nerve! I would have the shower...and tell everyone who comes why everything in pink. Put it on her. The people who are coming to your shower are friends of yours and you would most likely vent to them anyway, right?
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• lol she needs a reality check and to grow up!

i agree with pp's
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Holy moly. At this point, I would see if someone else would be willing to take over your shower, or just cancel it altogether. she sounds like a drama queen who is jealous of your impending bundle of joy.
    Honestly if it was me, I would just cancel it -- because she might try to ruin the shower with drama, anyway.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I sucked it up and I went ahead and ordered all the decorations and stuff for my shower. I guess I'll just do it all and hopefully things will work themselves out in the long run..
    Erin_Jus

Comment by Erin_Jus (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Nov. 9, 2010