do you ever catch yourself saying "my kids" and your hubby gets upset about it? adult content

i call them my kids all the time. sometimes i do it out of spite, but most of the time it's a habitual thing. first of all, my oldest is 4 and was raised by me alone. her dad abandoned us when she was under 1 years old. that's why she's MINE. and second, my hubby did squat when our middle was born. he never woke up to feed her, never fed her when it was daytime, or changed her, or held her, or coo'ed with her. he was constantly annoyed by her and even mean sometimes. before you jump to conclusions, he was dealing with PTSD because our middle was born a week after his 15 month deployment return. so i know i should be more understanding. but the brutally honest truth is up until our 3rd was born in january, I DID EVERYTHING for "our" kids. i went to the er with them while he slept like a damn baby at home when they were sick. i did all the mom and the dad things.. he did shit!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 5:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• same here. my SO doesnt do much of anything for our son and i say my son all the time. it is my son. it came out of my uterus and i take care of him and until he wants to act like a father, hes not. it takes more then sperm to be a father.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:25 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• typically I am saying 'YOUR kids....!!!' lol. They are only my kids when they are good you know. ;0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Nope I have never said that "our" kids were "my" kids.
    BeautyFromPain

Answer by BeautyFromPain at 5:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• LOL @butmommie, i find myself doing that sometimes too! =)
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 5:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• If I say it to my husband it isn't spiteful. I say either my kids or our kids. I don't believe he notices which way I say it.
    The person who gets down right angry when I say "my kid" is my EX husband. He screams and rants that I didn't make the baby myself, blah blah blah. He's insane.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I find my self doing it occasionally but my fiance doesn't mind. He laughs about and says oh yeah she's only mine when she's good. I try to say our daughter most of the time though.
    EndellionMomma

Answer by EndellionMomma at 5:24 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• If a man works and mom is a SAHM does the man get to say "it's MY house" You should be a team and there are times when one or the other is doing more but throughout your life together it should still feel like "ours" My husband and I don't keep score it's all "ours" no matter what. Good and Bad.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• sue118 i agree with you but he has called it "his" money and "his" house before and i am a sahm. get what you give i suppose
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 5:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• well that's too bad tnm786, and that would totally piss me off because I know how much sahm mom's do. hopefully you can both come to appreciate what the other does.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 5:29 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• thanks, he has gotten better about it now, he's much less possessive over "his" money these days. i guess it's my turn to let go of the past when he was a not-so-great dad and appreciate that he is one now.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 5:33 PM on Nov. 8, 2010