Do you skip over the questions

that are in all caps? If I have a hard time reading a question due to poor grammar or all caps I usually pass them by.

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 5:21 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in About CafeMom

• i will skip a question that is just one big long sentence because its stupid to not use commas or periods just because they are lazy or running their head faster than their fingers can type like this one earlier today i'm sure she was just bitching and moaning about her life and i didn't want to get involved because hey i'm like that you know what i mean it gets annoying trying to figure out exactly where someone's thought ends before another begins it isn't worth my time or experience to even try to help with their problem do you think i'm mean because i said that because its the truth you know it is.

whew...
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I don't think so, not that I'm aware of anyways. Sometimes I try to skip over the ones that use zero punctuation. But my curiosity gets the better of me and I go back to them and insert my own punctuation so I can figure out what the hell they are saying.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• If it's JUST because it's all caps that is not sufficient enough for me to just pass on it. If I can barely read what is being said due to grammar or if they blatantly spell wrong ("typo slang") THEN I will pass on it. I have better things to do with my time than try to figure out what someone is saying just because they were, in my opinion, being lazy. All caps I don't worry about because I realize that some people can't see properly or they simply LIKE all caps. =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 5:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• dull needs an award just for managing to type all that
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:45 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• yep hahahah Dullyou rock

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 6:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Errr, I skip over them. If I can't understand what the question is because their spelling and/or grammar is so bad, I'm not answering the question.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:27 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Caps, not usually, unless it's caps followed by no punctuation. I try to give most people the benefit of the doubt as far as grammar goes. I'm sure some mother's on here don't speak English as their first language but are making an effort to ask questions because they need answers. Sometimes you just have to give them a break, especially if you don't know the circumstances. 'Text speak' I will pass up, I can't stand trying to decipher that stuff.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 5:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• dull needs an award just for managing to type all that--

yes, i do! it was soooo hard to not add commas, periods, question marks, and exclamation points!!

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes; I don't like being yelled a question. I also agree with dullscissors and NP!
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:23 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Sometimes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:22 PM on Nov. 8, 2010