any home remedies for a cold/teething issues?

My daughter is two and a half and has a horrific cough. She's getting in her two year molars and there's no fever or anything. It's just a runny nose and cough, so I'm reluctant to give her medicine unless she can't sleep at night. Does anyone have any good advice/home remedies? I tried honey and lime this morning (my mom used to do that for us) which has helped a little, and steam baths, but always glad to get new ideas....thx!

lexi8622

Asked by lexi8622 at 5:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hav you tried Camilia drops? They won't make the pain go away, but they'll take the edge off. I would suggest Hyland's teething tablets, but they just got recalled because they have Bella Donna in them (in small amounts). You can try the frozen washcloth, for the teeth. For the runny nose and cough, you can try Occilicoccinum (close to the right spelling, but I'm sure I botched it) for kids 2 and up. We just got some, but I haven't tried it yet. I have friends who rave about it. I hope things improve soon! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My son gets that pretty often. My doctor told me to use saline drops and a humidifier. Also, make sure to "suck" her nose out so she can breath easier. I would also continue the steam baths. My sister used teething tablets for her daughter and I thought they worked really well. Otherwise, you could just try Orajel or something like that(which I'm sure you've already tried). From my experience tho, they don't sell cough syrup for kids 4 and under(nonprescription any way). Good Luck! Hope she gets to feeling better soon!
    bcbmami

Answer by bcbmami at 11:08 AM on Nov. 10, 2010