at what age?

okay im kind of being a procrastanater so I need a push in the right direction. My dd is 2 1/2 and I still have her in her crib, is this bad? Any advise on how to make her stay in a big girl bed? Thats my fear I guess is that she jumps in her crib for an hour every time she goes to sleep(naps and nite)how in gods name if I take it down to a toddler bed am I gonna get her to lay down to sleep? HELP!

scanamey77

Asked by scanamey77 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is she getting out of the crib now? Is it down as far as it can go? Keep her in as long as she isn't getting out and until it is as far down as it can go.
    Good luck!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:33 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• As long as she can't climb out you can keep her in the crib. I moved my twins to toddler beds a month or two past 2 1/2. Maybe you could try adjusting her bedtime and nap routines to eliminate or lessen the jumping before you make the change. Maybe try having her run in circles for a few minutes or play red light/green light, and then wind down by reading a story and snuggling before putting her down. When you do make the change you might consider basically converting her whole room to a big crib by putting a gate on her door and making sure her room is as safe as possible. My oldest ended up sleeping in the floor quite a bit when I first moved her to a toddler bed, so I have to say that not actually being in the bed is ok if she eventually does fall asleep somewhere. GL!

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:45 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My 2 1/2 yo is still in a crib and although I see people talking about moving them to a bed, even at 1yo in one of the groups I am in, I have absolutely no worry about moving her to a big girl bed. I have told her about them and that she can sleep in one when she wants but she shows no interest. She can't climb out of her crib and is not napping lately, so she just plays with her stuffed animals in her crib for an hour or so. I get the impression (from my one dd- so I can't speak for other kids) that her bed is a very safe/comfy place to her so I have no interest in making a change before she is really ready.
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 10:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2010