Post-partum sex...

Did anyone ever not follow the post-partum 6 wks rule and had sex? What happened if and when you did it?

siimply_me

Asked by siimply_me at 5:31 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I waited 6 weeks the 1st time and had to wait longer the 2nd time because my vaginal stitches (inside) took way longer than they said to disolve and it was really irritating but with my 3rd child I waited about 4 weeks.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 5:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Most of the time, nothing will happen but you increase the chance of getting an infection since birth is a medical procedure and your body needs time to heal.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I didn't. I did wait until my stitches had healed and I wasn't bleeding which was about 3-4 wks with my first 2. With my last I didn't tear at all so I just waited about 2 weeks which is again when I stopped bleeding.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 5:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Lots of people don't. Just remember more than a few women have shown up at their 6 weeks check pregnant. If you are comfortable enough to have sex use a condom. The area 'scar' on the uterus wall where the placenta was takes some time to heal. The 6 weeks is primarily to prevent infections .The vaginal canal can have many micro tears from giving birth. Lots of lube too :)
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• We waited until the bleeding had stopped (3 1/2 weeks), because the risk of infection is increased when you're still healing and you have sex. Just be sure to use protection if you decide to do it, because you CAN get pregnant, even if you're EBFing. My period returned at 4 weeks, and I was EBFing.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I had sex 2 weeks after having my son
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 7:12 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I never waited out of 3 regular births I only had stitches once and with that husband I had at the time we waited 4 weeks and he was very slow and gentle
    Anonymous

• I had sex after 2 weeks from having my son by c-section. We just took things slow and easy.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 7:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• haha this is very intresting actually. I didnt follow up. And both my kids we had sex b4 6 weeks. Well with my last child i was having complications. Just hurting so bad. I didnt have insurance (which is y i did not follow up) so i went to the hospital. Told the nurse I was just worried that mayb i could be having a tubal pregnancy that we had sex before are 6 weeks so on so on....Well they say wait because #1 ur easier to get pregnant and 2....this is the nasty part that made me want to barff....that our "insides" are like a hudge scar and cutts and blah blah blah. Just very messed up inside from having our child and that his "fluids" can cause infection to us. And thats why we need time to "heal" so the scaring and all that mess will go away...It was really disgusting if you ask me! Didnt have sex for a LOOOONG time after that...hahahaha!!!
    HaRlEiGhSmOmMa

Answer by HaRlEiGhSmOmMa at 2:15 AM on Nov. 10, 2010