how do we manage to not fall over when we're sick? more of a vent.

my kids are being nice enough to watch their cartoons while i sit here on the couch with my laptop playing on here, covered in a blanket. of course i have been hot and cold all day, constantly blowing my nose and coughing up a lung. ive managed to keep the fever down since this morning and my food too so that's a step i guess. i'm a sahm and looking forward to 7:30 when hubby will be home from work so he can put them to bed for me. but i do need to muster up the energy to stagger to the kitchen and cook dinner for the kids! when i get up my head feels like it weighs 100 pounds :( ugh i hate sick days. where is my boss, i want to take a sick leave! lol

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ah, i'm sorry you're ill. hope you get better FOR YOU real soon. just do what you can and leave everything else. take care of you so you can get back to being a momma. and yeah, let daddy work it in your place. it won't kill him.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• amen sister. my kids and i have asthma so when we 3 are sick its a nitemare. just sit next to the kids and cuddle. as long as now one is bleeding or broken at the end of the day you can rest too. my daughter and son had the cold then hubby got it and now im getting it so i know how u feel.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 5:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I am so right there with you!!! I have been praying for DH to get home I am super sick to my stomach. I have us camped out in the family room and have totally used the TV today my DS thinks this is like the best day ever eating in front of the TV and getting to pretty much run the house. LOL Well at least he is enjoying this!! Feel better!!
    Sarahs_bowtique

Answer by Sarahs_bowtique at 5:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• thanks girls. @knagsmom, i totally understand the asthma nightmare. my 22 mo old was just diagnosed with restrictive airway disease, and if she winds up in the hospital one more time with breathing problems she will be diagnosed with asthma. so i am trying my best to keep away from her and not share my illness with her!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Nov. 8, 2010