Smell down there TMI adult content

I am so embarassed to ask this but it is totally freaking me out. Me and SO have been TTC so we mess around alot but I starting to smell really gross! How do you stop this? What is it from? Plz help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• any other symptoms? discharge or anything?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Do you ever douche? You can make your own at home with 1 part vinager to 10 parts water or take a bath with baking soda, salt, and vinager to rebalance the PH levels in your vagina and no it won't burn.
    Anonymous

• NEVER EVER EVER EVER douche!!! Even if it's home made, organic, blessed by some tribal leader in the Amazon, NEVER douche. It's awful for you.
    You may have an infection. It could be that there's a bacterial imbalance (called bacterial vaginosis). You might want to get seen. They will take a sample of your vaginal discharge and examine it under a microscope to see what's going on. Also, if you've become pregnant, your smell can change. I know I went sour when I was pregnant (drove DH NUTS!).
    Also, could be a yeast infection. The doctor will examine you for that at the same time (the same way as BV). Both yeast infections and BV are very treatable, and not serious unless you leave them untreated
    Good luck TTC!! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Change your diet. Too much dairy, not enough veggies and water= smelly vagina. Vinegar and water douching DOES WORK, and is a natural alternative to many of the dangers in store bought douches. Anon, gave some good advise... Good luck!
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 6:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• The vagina is self cleaning...I work for a GYN and she NEVER recommends anyone douche! You are not only cleaning out anything "bad" you are wiping out the colonies of good things in your vag that helps to stop infections!! Ask your GYN if you need to douche.
    Anyway, get to your doc. Sudden changes in smell can mean an infection of some sorts. Either yeast or BV. They are treated with different medications so you need to know what it is before it can be treated. It could just be a hormonal thing too. Better to go to the doc and find out it's nothing than to have something going on!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 8:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I know this may be TMI but when my husband ejaculates in me a few times I start smelling funny. I know you are trying to concieve but have gum not do that for a few times when you have sex and see if that helps.
    LuckyMa113920

Answer by LuckyMa113920 at 8:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2010