Bladder Infection

My doctor's nurse left me a voicemail today while I was at work saying my lab results have come back from my urinalysis and I have a bladder infection. Weird thing is it doesn't hurt when I pee. I tried calling her back, but by the time I got off work it was after 5. I wonder if that explains this weird cramping I've been having in my stomach. Oh and I'm 12 weeks along. Has anyone ever had this happen before? I just find it weird that it doesn't hurt when I pee.

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 5:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It might be that the urine test discovered the infection before it really effected your body. That happened to me when I was pregnant. The cramping could just be your uterus expanding, or it could be your body's way of trying to fight off the infection on it's own.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• UTI's and Bladder infections don't always cause burning when you pee but are very common in pregnancy more than likely they will perscribe you a 10 day supply of macrobid for it.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 5:45 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• It may be that you just don't have a raging infection yet. It's wonderful that it was caught before you had pain and such. The cramping is likely associated with the infection. Be sure to get the antibiotics and take them as prescribed. The bacteria levels go up before you start having symptoms, so just be grateful they caught it when they did!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:45 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• It very well could be causing the cramping sensation that you are experiencing. It doesn't always have to cause a burning sensation while urinating. Just make sure you follow your doctor's orders and complete your prescription. UTIs and bladder infections can cause severe pregnancy complications if left untreated.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:46 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i had the same thing. the cramping doesn't necessarily mean it's from the infection..my cramping was a pregnancy symptom that i had for the 1st 4 months of my pregnancy including migrains. my infection didn't hurt either, i just had to take better care of myself. definitely go in an speak with your doctor so it doesnt get any worst.
    joymoon87

Answer by joymoon87 at 5:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• The same thing happened to me while I was pregnant, and I didn't have pain either. I took antibiotics and my next urine test came back normal. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2010