Am I over reacting...or would you have done the same ?

When I went to pick up my 5 year old daughter from kindergarten today I noticed she had a badly bruised, scratched up nose , and she was really upset ( not crying but I could tell she had been). I asked her what was wrong and she told me that at recess time ( which was 2 hours before) that a bigger girl "beat her up" . my heart sank and I asked her to tell me exaclty what happened and she said that the girl pushed her off the jungle gym and then got on my D's back and held her face into the gravel and that my D was crying & her nose was bleeding & she had to lay down in the nurse office for a long time. I stormed into the office & asked why they didnt call me when this happened and that I needed the name of the other girls parents because I am taking my D to the DRs and they are paying for it, and that they should probably get her things and the paperwork ready because I would be back in to withdraw her from this school !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I think I would have done the same. Though I don't know if I would have taken her out of that school, then again I don't have that option.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Over-reaction on the withdrawing her from school,the rest,totally understandable

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• OMG! No you didn't over react! I would have done the same thing!! Oh my gosh!!! I am so sorry this happened to her! I would give those parents what for too!
    matthew9_22

Answer by matthew9_22 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I would have been upset, but in no way would I have stormed in and made demands and threats. I would have asked for an explanation for sure, but not the way you did. Sorry. I hope things work out for your daughter.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:53 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Holy crap, no I would have been upset too. Your poor daughter. I would have wanted to be notified too, if not during the day, then at least when I went to go pick her up. Hope your daughter feels better soon!!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I would be extremely upset that I was not contacted
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I do not think you are overreacting. You should have been called immediately! And how did it get as far as the other girl getting on her back?!?! I have zero tolerance for bullying.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 5:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• you are not over reacting , i would do the same .
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

Agree.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 5:55 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes, they should have called you, I would have done so. But telling you the other child's name is a privacy issue and they should NOT release that information at all. If there is an issue at school between two children, both parents should be notified but neither should be told who the other child was *by a teacher or school personnel*. If your daughter tells you, that's something completely different.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2010