exhausted

any moms out there ever feel so exhausted, so frustrated, so overwhelmed sometimes that they feel like they cant go on with it. im young mom and just need some motivation.. my pregnancy was unplanned but i love my 1 year old more than ANYTHING don't get me wrong. its just so hard sometimes i feel like i would lose my mind.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm a young mom with 2 children.. A 2 1/2 year old and an almost 1 year old. I am SO TIRED!! I feel like I never get enough sleep! Its crazy.. But I'm about to start trying vitamins and hopefully that will help. I feel your pain though..
    KBM99

Answer by KBM99 at 5:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I do and I'm nearly 34. My 4 year old son has ADHD and I do get overwhelmed sometimes. Of course some may blame me because I won't medicate him but I digress....We ARE human and it does happen. Don't feel bad about yourself.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 5:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I felt like that in the beginning.. It wasn't until about 9-10 months ago It someone sunk in and just got easier for us all... not sure why or what happened but my son was very difficult and I think with time it just made it easier. I Never stop napping when he did until he stopped napping- My husband is a lot of help and support -my family is amazingly supportive. I had PPD and bonding issues so the guilt with that was tremendous also. Some days I did yell and cry and scream and cry and could not WAIT til bedtime - plus I worked outside the home so it wasn't like i was a SAHM to have to do it all day which only left more guilt of why couldn't I handle it.. I guess what I am saying is that it happens, raising a child is HARD - joyful and wonderful sure, but HARD hits hard on bad days.. its ok.. it happens....*Hugs* you can do it!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• it will get better at times , make your child your priority ,
    think of people that have more than one kid -
    most moms that dont have nanny's are exhausted most of the time
    you can do it
    be strong.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• stick with it. what you put into raising your child is what you'll get back. ask for some help from friends and family
    courtcaton

Answer by courtcaton at 6:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Oh my gosh! I'm NOT a young parent and I get help from my parents and I STILL feel exhausted a lot of the time! It DOES get better though. Like anything, there are good days, bad days and mediocre days. Hang in there momma, try not to get discouraged.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 6:08 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Feel that way far more often than I like to admit. Yesterday was a particularly bad day where I just cried for hours becuase the toddler was being a terror the baby wouldn't stop fussing my husbadn was at work all day and it just all blew up...
    We get there, it'll get better eventually. I kinda let my daughter stay up late playing with her toys in her room until she's ready to sleep becuase then she sleeps in the next day and I am NOT a morning person.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 8:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I am an "older" mom with 5 children...6 counting the step D. My last two children are 13 months apart boys ages 4 and 5. I have my moments of being overwhelmed let me tell you. It is always something, and I enjoy bedtime very much! Hang in there, things do get easier.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:49 AM on Nov. 9, 2010