Help with 4 kids...how do you juggle giving each of them their alone time with you?

I was thinking of rotating the weekends. That's a good once a month at least foe each of them. But I can't help feeling like the husband in sister wives. "I'll spend this weekend with you, the next with you, and the next with you, and so on. If you want a weekend out of turn, it has to be pre approved" KWIM?

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 6:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I was the eldest and only girl of four children. I know it meant a lot for me to just have some time with my mother by myself. It wasn't too often but those times were treasured by me! I recently lost my mother to breast cancer and those memories helped me get through a tough time. Even if it is time doing chores such as laundry or cooking, it can be a time for conversation. Believe me, it means a lot to the kids, especially when my mother stopped talking to me as if I was a child and began having adult conversations with me.
    ronniebee

Answer by ronniebee at 6:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• If you ask my 4 children about individual time - they'll tell you it isn't as important as figuring out how to BE AT events....band concerts, football games, etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:12 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I have 5 kids and spending time with them isn't an issue. I don't have to leave the house (most of the time) to give them alone time. They each have their "thing" that they like helping with dinner, desert, laundry (I, swear my 5 y/o likes doing laundry,) going to the store, going for a walk.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• On weekends that we're free, me and my husband take out the kids individually. And on their birthdays, which makes them happy. But we have family parties and gatherings as well.
    KileighR

Answer by KileighR at 10:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2010