how old was your child when they started sleeping in a toddler bed

mommaclow

Asked by mommaclow at 6:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My oldest son was 2. This little man is only 17 months old. We will see how he is at that age and decide from there.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• ya mine is 17 months old too and i just didnt know when a good time is to start
    mommaclow

Comment by mommaclow (original poster) at 6:29 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My son started when he was 15 months he knew how to walk up and down stairs so I figured he should try out a tod bed. Good so far!! My daughter started at 18 months
    mUstBdeStiny08

Answer by mUstBdeStiny08 at 6:33 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• my son was 2 and after the experience we had with him we decided that we would wait until our daughter either started to climb out of the crib or outgrew it...lol She was 3 when we moved her to the toddler bed to night potty train...she was much more ready to stay in bed than our son was when we moved him.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 6:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Just under 2. And we only converted the crib to a toddler bed because he learned to climb out of it and would climb out in the middle of the night but then couldn't get back in and would scream till one of us put him back in bed (with whatever toy he climbed out to get).

I will keep our DD in the crib for as. long. as. possible!
    LuckyPlusOne

Answer by LuckyPlusOne at 10:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2010