I need help with a potato dish!!!!

hello ladies! thanks in advance! I have some small potatoes. Since they are small I was thinking about cutting them up and I guess cover them with cheese and ranch dressing. But I always get confused lol. Do I cut them up, brush them with oil and let them cook in the oven for a bit before adding everything else? Or can I throw everything together from the beginning?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 6:33 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• cover them with oil & dressing first, bake until done...cover with cheese & let it sit in the oven until it's all melted.

OR, if you rather have the dressing on their cold, you can bake the potatoes in the oven until done, mix the potaoes with dressing, place on a cookie sheet, cover with cheese & put back in the oven until cheese is melted. I've had them both ways, they come out different but they're both good.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• probably let them cook first. They take a long time and you dont want the cheese to burn. GL
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:34 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I agree. cook first in Olive oil then add the rest for the last like 10 min to melt and brown the cheese.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• bake for a little first then add the rest...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 6:34 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Here is another great way to do them. quarter your potatos and put them in a bowl. take one package of Beefy Onion mix, liptons, and sprinkle over potato then add 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 5 turns of fresh ground pepper and mix well. put in over dish, cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour depending on your oven consistency. I usually remove the cover at the 45 minute mark and let them brown for the last 15 minutes.

moondoggie

Answer by moondoggie at 11:41 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Let them cook first, then later add Ranch and cheese
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:53 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• cook them first...otherwise the other stuff will burn
    babybutastink

Answer by babybutastink at 5:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2010