Why aren't I "Letting Down" anymore?

I have not felt myself "Let Down" when I nurse or pump in about a month. What is wrong and how do I fix it? My baby is 6 months old and I hope to nurse until he is a year.

Britters_37

Asked by Britters_37 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some mom's never feel the let down. You may not notice it anymore. Is your baby still gulping when she eats and making enough wet diapers? I think not feeling the let down alone isn't a huge deal. And remember pumping out put is not a good indicator of how much your baby is getting.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• After a while you feel it less and less, as long as your baby is still producing enough diapers, you're fine.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Letdown sensation normally decreases over time, which is a blessing for those of us who have painful letdown

Answer by gdiamante at 7:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• ^what they said^ :)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:48 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• You're probably fine. If the baby still has plenty of wet/dirty diapers and seems satisfied don't worry about it. The sensation decreases over time.
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 12:00 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I have nursed eight babies, and the feeling is strongest right after your milk comes in when you have a newborn. The feeling (not the let down) gradually tapers off. Just make sure you are nursing often enough to keep your supply up. I have friends who can nurse only three times a day and still successfully produce milk, but I need to a lot more than that or my milk really decreases.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 4:04 AM on Nov. 9, 2010