Can you potty train an infant?

Is this for real?

http://babyparenting.about.com/cs/pottytraining/f/infantpt.htm

They can't be serious ....

tasches

Asked by tasches at 6:42 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wow. It seems impossible, but of course if you hold your baby over the toilet all day, they are bound to go in it. IDK, seems crazy to me!
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• yes. Many cultures have been practicing this for years. It is called elimination communication and is not very common in the US because a lot of parents don't spend that much time that close to there infants to learn the signals.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• We know someone who had her youngest DD trained by 5 mos by the EC method and when she started walking she would go and use the potty on her own. She only used diapers at night and when they left the house. She save a ton of money and I am going to give it a shot with our next child. B/c this potty training stuff is making me go crazy,.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:35 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i was potty train by 12 mts, my dd was potty train at 24 mts and am potty training ds he is 20 mts. i think its possible but not till after 12 mts
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 6:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I doubt it but my former MIL swears up and down she potty trained hubby at 6 months and im thinking riiiiight they are just starting to sit up unassisted at that age
    Anonymous

• It is the parents that are trained. If you only feed your child and give them fluids on a schedule they mostly potty on a schedule. Also, you have to have them on the pott all the time.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 6:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:45 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• yea, a load of BS to me. i know a girl with a now 11 month old that she started sticking on the potty around six months. she's a damn idiot if she thinks her baby is actually going to learn to use it at that age.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• In my opinion, you can't really potty train an infant, but you can train the mommy to anticipate when the baby is going to go.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 7:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• It is about communication not training at in that process form what I have read. I find it intriguing.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:31 PM on Nov. 8, 2010