GUILTY....... WHAT SHOULD I DO

ME AND MY BOYFRIEND IS HAVING AN UP AND DOWN RELATIONSHIP.( WE DONT STAY TOGETHER) WE'RE NOT SEEING EYE TO EYE RIGHT NOW. BUT I HAVE AN OLD FRIEND IN TOWN FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS AND HE WANTS TO TAKE ME OUT TO DINNER AND FOR DRINKS. WHILE HE'S IN TOWN .I WANTED TO GO ( AS FRIENDS) JUST TO CATCH UP ON OLD TIMES BUT IF I GO I'LL JUST FEEL GUILTY. WHAT SHOULD I DO

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• Don't go, if you feel guilty then your brain is telling you that you're doing something wrong. Why put yourself through that? Maybe you can make it a group thing not just a solo event between the two of you? Perhaps you can speak to your SO about going to dinner with you guys. However like I said if you're feeling guilty it's your brains way of saying you don't feel right about it and you know that your boyfriend would not be happy
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:20 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Go with your gut feeling. If you feel that it is wrong in any way, then you shouldn't go. But, if you can go without feeling bad about it, then you should go. If you think there is the possibility of it turning into more than friends with this guy, then you should make a decision about your boyfriend before going out or pursuing anything with this other guy. Just think of it this way...if the situation were reversed and your boyfriend was going to go out with an old friend to catch up on old times...would you be ok with it? Good luck! :)
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 1:22 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Don't go. It's not a good idea to go out with an old friend of the opposite sex when you and your SO are having troubled times. This will only add drama, trust me. I think you already know this, which is why you are having reservations about it. Don't go. Tell him you'll catch up later, not a good time now.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:31 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Go! I mean its just dinner and drinks...so why not? if u guys are technically not together then who cares my boyfriend and i are "technically" not together right now either but we still hook up...but im sure he goes out with female friends...and last night i went to a halloween party w a guy friend...as long as its innocent and yourn BF is not a psycho jealous type...do it! Have fun mamas and have a drink for me! :)
    RaulitosMommy

Answer by RaulitosMommy at 2:09 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• i say go, i have been marrie 8 years and i always wonder what if, don't ever wonder, you decide your life..and if you guys are already having ups and downs, chances re that wont change..sorry
    irishgrrl808

Answer by irishgrrl808 at 2:16 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Dont go, it's not fair to cheat on your boyfriend just cause you are having problems you need to take care of it the right way!! If you go out with this guy you will do the ooooo my realationship is so bad right now and he will feed into that and take it as an opening.... he's a guy!! You need to tell him no thank you if you want to work out your realationship with your BF and if you dont then break things off completley with your BF and then go out to drinks but not a minuet before... and if you do go you should feel guilty!! It's never a good idea to leave for a used to be or a what if!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 9:01 AM on Nov. 2, 2008