what is a good red wine? just something i can drink around the house and not too expensive

lilae86

Asked by lilae86 at 6:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I need you to narrow down your likes. Do you prefer a particular varietal? Merlot, Pinot, Shiraz, Cabernet? Australian wines are very inexpensive. Yellow Tail Shiraz is very tasty and food friendly. This time of year I prefer Pinot Noir- especially at turkey time. Just go with Fetzer or Beringer on most of these red varietals and you can't go wrong.

A really good way to discover wine is to have a party. Invite 5-10 friends. Assign a vatietal under $10 to each person. Put a brown bag over all the bottles, taste and take notes. By the end of the tasting you may have found your new favorite! :)

love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yellowtail Shiraz (Austrailian red wine) is reasonably priced and can be used both for drinking and cooking. I use a little in certain dishes for flavor.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:06 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My favorite is Red Rose by Livingston.....it's a good everyday table wine....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• my favorite is Eco Domani Merlot.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 8:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2010