Some women get their periods while pregnant! Would a period while pregnant be different than a period when not pregnant?

Would you have a period for 5 days if pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I seriously doubt that you could.....You could spot here or there during pregnancy but I seriously doubt you culd bleed for 5 days every month and still manage to be pregnant.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:33 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I had a normal 5 day period when I was pregnant with my first child so yes it is possible. I argued with the doctor when he told me I was pregnant but he just laughed and told me to get ready for a child anyway! He was right! Go figure.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• My girlfriend had a full 5 day period when she was pregnant. The baby is protected in a sack, and the body hasn't quite caught on yet. It isn't extremely common, I don't think..But it can happen.
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 5:48 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• People told me all the time that I couldn't be having my period when I was pregnant...guess what, I had one at 8 weeks, 10 weeks-13 weeks, and again at 16 weeks. I don't mean like spotting either, I mean actual period bleeding. It may have just been a fluke but the first and second times there was nothing wrong and the docs even said I was one of the unlucky ones to get my period when I was pregnant. Regardless of that if you are bleeding you should always seek the advice of your doc.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 6:15 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• absolutely. you could. i did.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 3:19 AM on Jul. 5, 2008