gestational diabetes

ok, i dont know where this question goes so sorry if its in the wrong category. im 8 months preganant and diagnosed with gestational diabetes, i want to know how do you keep your morning scores (fasting period) below 95? they're usually 100-105, so im finding it very difficult to get it to the correct score which is 95 and lower. during the day it's easier and i control my scores fine but it's the mornings that im having trouble with. ive been struggling with this for about 3 weeks now and the doctor has given me until friday to figure out how to lower my morning scores, or else im going to need to be on something to manage my sugar spikes in the mornings. any and all advice would be great!

joymoon87

Asked by joymoon87 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Do you have a snack at bed time? I didn't have that issue when I had gestational diabetes but my husband has type 2 diabetes and he was having trouble with his morning levels being too high. His dietitian told him to eat a bed time snack because during the time he was sleeping his body was overcompensating for not having enough. His morning numbers have been a lot better since he started eating at bed time.

Good luck, I hope it gets better for you!
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 7:06 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• my last meal is at 6, but nothing else after 6. i drink a bit of milk before bed so the baby doesn't get hungry in the middle of the night and still high. im so puzzled by this because i dont want to get put on insulin or pills because of the baby...im trying to figure this out and do it myself, but for some reason i cant get it right. i got 5 days to figure these morning spikes out but idk if i can...thanks anyways scrappermom :)
    joymoon87

Comment by joymoon87 (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2010