Is tap water as safe as bottled water?

Excerpt from http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/04/21/cleangreen/main4959534.shtml?tag=cbsnewsSectionsArea;cbsnewsSectionsArea.3

Yes. It is a total myth that bottled water is cleaner. Drinking bottled water creates a ton of garbage because bottles are not recycled and take thousands of years to decompose. Tap water is just as safe - and often safer - than bottled water. The only difference is if you have your own well. The only place you shouldn't drink tap water is on an airplane.

tasches

Asked by tasches at 7:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Health

• Just buy a good filter and use tap water. I have been drinking filtered tap water for years as well as using my own bottles.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:28 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• agreed.

Ever notice that Evian is Naive spelled backwards? lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:01 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Nothing wrong with tap water, I have drank it for years and I am as healthy as a horse.

Answer by older at 7:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• agreed
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 7:08 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• depends on what tap water mu have well or city my children's doctor says city is best. cuz it has fluoride in it.
    britt_howard

Answer by britt_howard at 7:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I disagree. Ppl recycle. And one MAJOR difference between tap and bottled water is that tap water is treated with flouride, which crystalized the pineal gland. Not good considering its the master gland of the body.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 7:17 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I have heard mixed reviews on bottled water. It seems that the brand also matters when it comes to how pure the water is.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:21 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• yes tap water is just as safe and you can always put a filter on your sink and use less bottles
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 8, 2010