Birth trauma I wanted to avoid. More of a vent. TMI adult content

I've been through approx 10 years of domestic abuse, which included rape. When I was nearing the end of the pregnancy with youngest daughter (who isn't the abusers), the midwife discussed the various procedures. My current partner (the youngest girls father) and I had already decided how we wanted things to go because of what I'd been through. Anyway to cut a long story shorter, I managed to avoid having a membrane sweep and induction. The problem was, after the baby was born, the placenta wouldn't separate. I ended up in theatre having it removed manually. All that hell at the hands of my ex, avoiding all intrusion while pregnant and then to go through retained placenta really took the piss.

Creating78

Asked by Creating78 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Health

• hugsSorry you had to go through such awful things.

405mom

Answer by 405mom at 7:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2010