What is a good way to get the baby to calm down while still in the womb?

whit_bit

Asked by whit_bit at 7:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would wrap my arms around my belly and hug, or rock it, and sing gently to it as if it were already out and needed my attention. Id also rub on my belly where I though its back was at or feet. I loved every minute.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 7:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Well he kicks me everytime. I can't play music and put my head set on my tummy like my mom did because he gets really mad. But thank you I think I'll try that.
    whit_bit

Comment by whit_bit (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Just let 'em do his thing.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 7:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• The movement as long as it is not irratic is a sign of fetal well being. Enjoy these moments. You can read, sing, talk wha whatever you like.I made the costly mistake of wishing my lil girl would. stop moving so much so I could sleep and not because of me but an error made by the doctor that was the last time I felt her move. Enjoy your lil one, I wish you all the best.
    momof1withwings

Answer by momof1withwings at 7:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• weird question....why do you want them to calm down...enjoy being able to feel them move inside while you still can...its a miracle!
    waleb1002

Answer by waleb1002 at 7:17 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Well Zander is EXACTLY like his father and does nothing but move and keep me up. I love the fact that hes moving its just everything else. The constant staying awake and not getting comfy. Im so not used to it.
    whit_bit

Comment by whit_bit (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Stay away from sugar drinks, fruit juices, caffeine & any food that may set him off or just enjoy the movement.

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 7:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Oh I stay away from alot because Im a high risk as well. Thank you every one!
    whit_bit

Comment by whit_bit (original poster) at 7:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• try being in a very quite relaxing place
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 8:28 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My babies loved it when my cat sat on my stomach - he would sit on me and purr :)
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 8:49 AM on Nov. 9, 2010