if your hubby had a vasectomy, have you noticed a decrease in his libido? adult content

my hubby had one back in march. for a while the sex was still great, we didn't get to see eachother often due to military training and such. now that he is out, he works a 49 hour week at his very low pay job and we rarely sleep together anymore. i want to all the time, and i dont handle rejection well so i hardly initiate things. the other night i tried and he said it was "too early". im ovulating so of course my sex drive is thru the roof but we did it last week, i wasnt in the mood at all but i did it anyway since we have sex so infrequently now. and honestly it was terrible since i wasnt feeling good. i think we have sex like one to two times a month now, and i would have it much more but he never wants to. i dont know whats up :( and i dont want to ask him and upset him...

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:08 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• oh the reason i included the low pay job thing is i know that our finances are a big stressor for him. it's constantly on his mind how broke we are. and i have asked subtly before why hes never in the mood and he did say stress, this was two months ago and nothing has changed really...
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• No decrease, maybe a slight increase. I think he likes not having to worry about the unplanned pregnancy thing. But stress does play a big factor in whether anyone feels up to it.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• No change in my DH. I think it is stress related. His man hood might be hurt by thinking he is not providing good enough. That ego is fragile and connected to the junk in his pants.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:15 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• yes definatley.......but he is older so you may have some time before it effects you!!
    wannabgypsy

Answer by wannabgypsy at 7:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• No. Actually it was better because you know longer have to worry about pregnancy! My ex husband and an ex boyfriend each had one. LOL... I have my priorities!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• yea, that's probably what it is then. our sex life got a lot worse when he was discharged from the army and started working as a civilian in this shit of an economy. and i cant afford to work with our 3 little ones so i have no choice but to stay home with them. it sucks that this is taking a toll on our sex life, wish there was some way i could make him feel better about it! :(
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 7:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• there is no reason a vasectomy should affect his libido. There is no change in hormones. It's just snipping a tube so that the sperm goes into his body instead of yours. The stress is most likely the culprit. Maybe you can get him to talk about it and help him feel better about himself.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 7:27 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• 17yrs ago my hubby had his done sex has gotten lower due to age he rather sleep on the couch then in bed .but that is okay i get the hole bed to my self,once month we will get togther for sex ,would love more but not happening
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 7:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• not at all

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2010