Does your smartphone need anti-virus and anti-malware protection?

I guess so - excerpt from article by Claudia Buck - Wise up, make sure your smart phone is protected.

"- Install the same type of software and security programs you'd want on your computer. There are mobile versions of security software from the same companies that offer products for your desktop. Or contact your phone service provider for guidance.

- Check out apps before downloading them. Look on review sites, such as www.whatapp.org which rates some apps for privacy and security.

- Be aware. Although it's a challenge on a small screen, read the app's privacy policy to be sure your data aren't being shared. Try to avoid or limit such sharing."

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/the-public-eye/2010/10/the-public-eye-wise-up-make-sure-your-smart-phone-is-protected.html#ixzz14jtezhPs

tasches

Asked by tasches at 7:12 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Technology

• I kinda figured it was only a matter of time since the porn started making it's way to the apps
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:15 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I had protection on my phones...
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 7:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• hmm
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:24 AM on Nov. 9, 2010