I heard that you cant get an epidural if you have gallstones is that true??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 7:14 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have heard that before and it has something to do with them needing you to be able to feel the pain if your gull stones cause any issues during labor but I imagine this varies from doctor to doctor.

I had to have my gull bladder removed after my DD was born because of gull stones...NO FUN...but I felt SO MUCH BETTER AFTERWARDS!!!

I can tell you that my gull bladder pain was WAY worse then any labor pain I've ever had. I thought my lung was collasped because I was in so much pain that I couldn't catch my breath.

If you are concerned about labor pain...look into Hypnobabies. I used Hypnobabies for my second birth and it was an AWESOME, AMAZING and MANEABLE experience. I loved my birth with my second child and will use Hypnobabies again during my next pregnancy.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 8:35 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Curently or a history of them?
    sarasquiverfull

Answer by sarasquiverfull at 7:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Not sure. I had my gall bladder removed after my second delivery due to stones. I've had 2 deliveries since and was able to get an epidural but I don't know if that is the case if you currently have them.
    sarasquiverfull

Answer by sarasquiverfull at 7:25 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I've never heard of that b4, I would def ask on your next appointment so you can plan either way
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My gallbladder went out while pregnant and i still had an epidural.
    clctalking

Answer by clctalking at 8:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Currently
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 7:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2010