Why do you think Obama is a socialist?

Haven't found any good answers yet. Please fact check before you post.

jcsscfam5

Asked by jcsscfam5 at 1:45 AM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• FINN,part 3

Noting also that since Americans do pay high amounts of money to healthcare insurancies, schooling etc. you actually have more money in your hand here to use to whatever you want to.
    And ALL the services are free/lowcost to everyone. No one looks your income. So the rich boss in Nokia gets same than poor single mom.

It always puzzles me why USA media never tells about countries where social ideas are working well..
    tuplamama

Answer by tuplamama at 3:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I don't.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:13 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I don't either. But I hope this gets some play. I brought popcorn and Twizzlers for the show.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 1:24 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I don't either. that came from mccain palin side trying to discredit him. Did you know that questions like these make people wonder about mccain?
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 7:38 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Political positions sometimes don't even reflect the inner ideology of a candidate. Honestly, I never think I have a handle on what a candidate is really commited to. Look at his position statements, his voting record and how it relates to socialism, marxism, capitalism, comunisim etc. He is more inclined to provide social programs funded by the government and to keep everyone on an even playing field economically. Government bailouts don't sound capitalistic to mean. Regarding Obama, my gut says yes but my head realizes it's not that simple and what I see in the news, my prior experience and beliefs are not unbiased. Sorry so long.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 7:56 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• reaganomics will fix it. i dont like the redistribution of wealth pitch. it sickens me.
    combined with all the media fuss over this fabricated orator who cant back anything up with a genuine answer,
    if i have to put my candidate together to decide if i want to vote for him forget it.
    you have to have your act together to begin with.
    i am so sick of the whole being caught in lies trash they are worse than American Idol.
    I just hope people have enough brains to vote for the true American.
    The one who fought for us.
    The one who wore our uniform with pride.
    The one who has allegiance to our beloved country.
    The one who is not blind to challenge but meets it head on.

McCain/Palin'08 chicka:)
    chickaboom73

Answer by chickaboom73 at 8:27 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Here are some of his quotes "spread the wealth around" (talking to Joe the Plumber on youtube). "The time has come for Universal Healthcare in America" http://glassbooth.org/explore/index/barack-obama/11/health-care/12/
    "We have got to have a civilian national security force, that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded" http://bulletin.aarp.org/states/il/articles/obama_outlines_plan_for_national_service.html
    These quote demonstrate that he supports the moving of wealth from the "wealthy" to those that are not as wealthy. He supports a federally funded Universal healthcare system (which only exist in socialist and communist countries). And he supports a civilian security force that is just as powerful as the military (this one is just scary), another thing you will not find in a free country, only in oppressed socialistic and communistic ones.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• b/c the people on fox news said he is..lol...thats where they get all of their opinions..they can't come up w/ those of their own.. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Socialism is letting the gov't control things and that is exactly what Obama is heading for. The gov't already took over Fannie Mae if they also take over healthcare we will become a socialist nation. Beware of Obama, those of you that are pro-Obama may want to do extensive research on him before election day...before it is too late
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• As a Socialist, I would have to say that no, Obama is not a Socialist.
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 9:08 AM on Nov. 2, 2008