Why don't Jewish people believe that Jesus is the promised Messiah?

dgall3

Asked by dgall3 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Here's a detailed and comprehensive explanation:

Why Don't Jews Believe in Jesus?

Sharon

momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 7:47 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• The messiah must meet certain requirements according to Judaism, and they say that Jesus does not meet all of them.

Religion Facts_Is Jesus the Messiah>/a>
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 7:31 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Because Jesus did not meet the requirements of messiah. And NO the Jews did not think they were looking for a rich king. The were looking for a warrior king from the line of King David, that is part of the prophecy. Jewish people also do not believe in G-d incarnate. Messiah simply means "king" not G-d in human form.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:45 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• From what I understand, its because he didn't meet their expectations in what the Messiah was meant to do/be. There were prophesies that they didn't believe were fulfilled (being born of the male line of David, fulfilling the law of the Torah (not changing it), ushering in an era of peace). These things were supposed to be done immediately, not in a "second coming". I also think that Jews don't believe that mankind can be "saved" through the sacrifice of another, but only through righteous living (found in Jewish Law).
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:07 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• First of all that is your faith. Jews is not the only one who don't believe in 'Jesus'. Not trying to be disrespectful or anything like that but that statement is bias to your belief. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and we all may not agree but we should respect what others believe.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 8:12 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Simply put... Jesus does not fit the criteria for the Messiah. No matter how Christians twist it to try and make him fit, he doesn't.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:18 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Im not Jewish but I asked one of my jewish friends this very same question. He said that Jesus was just another man walking the earth. I told him Im not religious and I don't know anything about it but I find it strange that you believe everything that ever happened to Moses on the Mount, even tho he was completely alone and nobody could back up his story, but you catagorically deny that a very public figure named Jesus did anything unusual that thousands of people witnessed? His answer was, "Yes". I don't understand it either but I love my Jewish friends. Maybe they can help elaborate a little.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 7:25 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I am not jewish or christian but I believe that Judaism believes that when the messiah comes the world is supposed to end and they are all taken to heaven.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 7:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• not sure. He fits every prophesy that was foretold about him. I guess that's why there are reformed and messianic Jews..those who believe. We are actually having a reformed Jew come speak at our church next week who is an amazing one on one evangelist. I hope he'll shed some light on the subject :) I also know that after the Rapture 144,000 from the tribes of Judah will believe and they will effectively lead many to Christ. I have no disrespect for the Jews and lift them up along with Israel in prayer often.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 9:45 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• someone once told me that the jews were expecting someone like moses not a baby that came from an unmarried woman.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:24 AM on Nov. 9, 2010