How long would you wait if you had different pains than usual?

Before going to the ER, DR. ? I've been having some strange pains lately, especially my lower back being sore almost all the time, pains in different parts of my body. I'm SCARED ! I've never had pains like this in so many different parts of my body. I guess I would describe the pains as stinging,tingling, throbbing, or burning, or a heavy feeling. I just feel different. I feel o.k., other than the pains. No fever, vomiting or anything. I just feel strange. I don't see the Dr. for 2 more weeks. What would you do? I've had these pains off & on for a few weeks now. Some days barely there, other days, wondering what the heck is going on?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Health

• sounds like neuropathy. it feels like hands and or feet are asleep and sometimes can worsen in the evening when you are trying to sleep. am i right?? if so then i may also guess that either you are diabetic, pregnant, or do a repetitve movement at work or home. respond back and i will see if i can help further.
    NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Answer by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 1:55 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• It dosen't feel like any part of my body is asleep. I get tingling, or jabs, mostly, I guess in different parts of my body, especially on my left side, but have felt some on the right too. The main pain is my lower back. It feels sore & stiff. I've looked up diabetes & a few other things the last few days. My coordination, thinking, etc., seems to be o.k. The pains are weirding me out though! I know I'm not pregnant- my monthly visitor is here. Thanks for trying to help! That's why I'm still awake- I can't sleep because I'm worried!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• MAYBE A UTI THEN, IF THE PAIN PERSISTS PLEASE GO TO YOUR DOCTOR OR A URGENT CARE IN YOUR AREA, I AM STUMPED!
    NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Answer by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 2:18 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I have experienced what you are in the past but no more. It may ultimately be called fibromyalgia. Achey and painful, no explanation really. Everything is ruled out and that's what you are left with. Personally, I would wait two weeks if I could. If it gets severe, in your chest, you have other symptoms that are serious (like shortness of breath) call the doctor or get immediate attention. If you are nearly at your wits end. Press for a sooner appointment and explain you are not functioning normally and it is interferring with your life. At least they can put you on a cancelation list.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 7:43 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Add fever to the above symptoms for which you need more immediate attention. Also, any other symptoms like stomache pain, frequent urination, diarreah etc. should be mentioned. Of course, I can't cover it all here but you get the gist.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 7:44 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I agrre. It could be fibromyagia. I hope it is not because there is no known cure. I go to the ER ever so often and get an injection of toridol. It works wonders for my fibro and arthritis.
    evelyngayle

Answer by evelyngayle at 8:14 AM on Nov. 2, 2008