Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

11 Bumps

My boyfriend of 3 yrs lives with me in my house. He pays for nothing and constantly takes my car an will often keep it out all night. I have tried many different measures to prevent him from doing this, including going to the police, but have not been sucessful. I am thinking about renting my house out through a realtor and leaving. The last time that I tried to kick him out, he slapped me down, 3 slaps to the face.

Answer Question

Asked by mor4me at 7:33 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Relationships

Level 3 (13 Credits)
Answers (23)
  • um, have him arrested??

    serve him notice he has 30 days to vacate and if he doesn't.. since you did the right thing by giving him notice, he can be arrested.

    Answer by mhaney03 at 7:34 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

  • GET YOUR SELF IN TO YOUR CAR AND LEAVE! He hit you!!! A man NEVER should hit a woman! A woman NEVER should hit a man!
    GET OUT!

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:35 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

  • You need to obtain a restraining order and arrange for the sheriff to throw him out, then change the locks.

    Answer by tasches at 7:35 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

  • call the police and then tell him to leave....

    Answer by ryanlynn at 7:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

  • have you gone to the police after he slapped you? Or called the police? Or try going now say its your house and you want him out. If hes not on the papers on you house you can get him out by law pretty easily I guess. You can contact the police about that.

    Answer by LittleBirdFly at 7:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

  • I would have had him arrested for domestic violence and then filed a restraining order on him. NO ONE hits me, EVER. One bf tried and he learned quickly to NEVER raise his hand to me. Left him quickly. Everytime he takes your car without permission, report it. If he were to get into an accident with your car, YOU could be held liable. Contact a domestic violence shelter and have them help you get rid of him.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

  • Then you press charges and push it...
    Go to your local court house and obtain an eviction notice and serve him...
    Give him 30 days to be out... if he raises his hand to you, call the police,
    he starts to yell at you, call the police, believe me the police will ask him to
    leave if they are called enough... it is considered domestic violence and charges
    (as long as you push it) will stick...

    Answer by gmasboy at 7:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

  • And you've put up with this for 3 years?? You need a superhero to help you through times like this. If you don't have one, call the police and ask a Marshall to come out and supervise his relocation. Then put the house up for rent and leave so he can't find you. In the future, don't let anybody slap you down... that's a crime.

    Answer by Blabbermouth at 7:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

  • if he takes your car without permission he stole it. You can report that as well.

    Answer by LittleBirdFly at 7:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

  • Oh no, unacceptable! Call the cops, get a restraining order therefore if he breaks it, he'll get arrested! Knowing the type of man he is, he will break the order and try you, and get arrested. There goes your time to get out of there. By the time he gets out of jail, be gone! You should never let a man hit you and stick around! He's not a man if he does that, and he's definitely not a man if he's not contributing to living expenses! You deserve better sweetie!

    Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 7:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.