How can I be closer to my husband?

We are newly married and expecting our first child together. He and I both have a son from previous relationships. He is a USMC veteran. Lately we have been fighting non stop and I just don't know what to do. Of course there is a whole lot more to the story, but the rest is very personal. Any general advise would be much appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I am newly married as well.. to a police officer.. and we both have daughters from previous relationships.. we also have a child together.. and i am pregnant with our last one.. so our situations are somewhat similar!

w/o knowing whats up, its hard to say! In general.. try to get on his case less if you do.. maybe write him a love letter.. or a card. simply saying i love you more may change things. if you feel like he is the reason you arent as close anymore, all you can do is talk to him and let him know! good luck.
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 7:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Keep in mind this is new for the both of you. Understanding goes along way. It will pass as long as you both work on your troubles as a team instead of like you are alone. Remember the reasons why you married in the first place and build off of that. Keep in mind that trials and tribulations will come and go, but your love is something that will keep you together through those test of faith. Most importantly listen to eachother and don't blame, that is where most fail. Best Wishes and Congratulations
    momof1withwings

Answer by momof1withwings at 8:08 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Take time out of every day just for the two of you.
    Serenity_Angel

Answer by Serenity_Angel at 10:08 PM on Nov. 8, 2010