Should u cut off your parents cell phones?

Wondering if u should cut off your parents cell phones if they are on your plan and are the only reason you have to keep your minutes high and sometimes go over the minutes? Plus I pay the bill.They say they don't care if I cut them off but yet they still use them.IDK...I did it to be nice years ago. but not working out to well now..LET ME KNOW WHAT U THINK

momof1withwings

Asked by momof1withwings at 7:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Give them about a months time to find a new cell phone provider and let them know that after that time you will be turning off their phone lines.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My mom was on my plan, but hardly ever using the phone. So we took her off and then she missed it. sigh...

Now she has gotten her own "Jitterbug" phone through AARP I think...it's cheap, a basic phone with larger numbers and they can pre-program in the numbers you want put in. So, there are options if you decide to "cut them off" so to speak.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Tell them you are taking them off your plan so they can get their own phones.
    Serenity_Angel

Answer by Serenity_Angel at 10:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Offer to buy them some pre-paid phones, load them up with however much money, and after that, they're on their own. Let them know you can't afford it anymore, it's up to them.
    TwoBrownDogs

Answer by TwoBrownDogs at 11:01 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I agree! Offer to purchase prepaid phones for them :) I wouldn't feel quilty about cutting them off if they tell you to. If it isn't a necessity to have them on a long term plan, I suggest prepaid.
    Raging.Pink

Answer by Raging.Pink at 12:27 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My parents are on our plan. My dh has issue now and then with it. My parents can't afford a cell and I need my mother to have one. She does give us money when she can. Maybe if you ask them to help out when they go over the minutes. Or go the prepaid route. But I don't know that I would leave them phoneless.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:48 AM on Nov. 10, 2010